Orthodontists are specialist dentists trained in the field of orthodontics. This means they specialise in issues surrounding the alignment of teeth and jaws, and the common orthodontist will treat patients with braces, plates, retainers and other tools designed to bring the teeth and jaws into proper alignment.
We have some of best and most affordable orthodontists in Australia listed on our extensive network, so if you or your family are in need of an orthodontist, look no further than dentalsurgery.com.au. You can search for orthodontists in your local area, or speak to a professional to have your questions answered. Finding an orthodontist has never been easier.
Why Straighten Teeth?
The reasons people choose to straighten teeth can vary as much as patients themselves. Many people choose to implement braces or other tools to straighten teeth for aesthetic reasons, and straight white teeth normally improves appearance and gives patients more confidence. However, apart from looking great, there are some very practical reasons why people choose to have orthodontics. This includes:
- Hygiene - Crooked or overlapping teeth are harder to clean and may bring on conditions such as bad breath, gum disease or worse.
- Gum Damage - In severe circumstances, misaligned jaws and teeth can lead to gum damage eventually resulting in pain or loss of teeth.
- Jaw Joint Problems - Badly overlapping jaws can sometimes cause pain or discomfort in the jaw joint.
- Speech - Some people develop speech impediments or have difficulty speaking due to misaligned teeth and jaws.
- Snoring, Sleep Apnea and Breathing Problems - Misaligned teeth and jaws often cause sleep problems, and therefore corrective procedures are necessary.
To find out what your local orthodontist can do for you, contact one of our listed experts today and speak to orthodontists.